• Be currently enrolled at or recently graduated from a Coimbra Group member university (listed here);
• MA student or recent MA graduate, preferably with the possibility of participating in the Erasmus+ internship programme of their university;
• BA/MA degree preferably in Communication, Journalism, Marketing (or similar) and/or with experience in social media management and content writing for websites and social media channels;
• Have excellent written and spoken English (C1 level). Other EU languages an asset;
• Be a confident user of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Basic skills with graphic tools to create visuals (such as Canva) is an asset;
• Have an interest in working in an international environment and being introduced to the daily functioning of a small Brussels-based, not-for-profit association. This includes dealing with a wide variety of tasks ranging from purely technical/administrative to policy-related tasks;
• Being comfortable working in a small team, entirely remotely, and using own initiative.
Deadline: Friday 3 September 2021
➢ Traineeship/Internship period: end Sept./Oct. 2021 through end Feb./March 2022.
We are currently looking for a creative trainee/intern to assist the work of the small dynamic team at the Brussels Office for a period of 6 months, from end Sept./Oct. 2021 through end Feb./March 2022 (flexible dates and duration).
Description of tasks:
• Assist with communication activities including writing and uploading content for the Coimbra Group website, monthly newsletters and social media platforms (Twitter mainly, but also LinkedIn, YouTube);
• Produce an easy-to-use, visually appealing institutional communication package about the Coimbra Group to be distributed to our member universities;
• Assist with the organisation of an online meeting with the communication departments of all Coimbra Group member universities (preparatory material, minutes, follow-up actions);
• Assist with the management of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programmes for young researchers from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and the European Neighbourhood:
o liaise with Coimbra Group universities and classify their scholarship proposals for 2022/2023;
o liaise with IT provider for the preparation of the online call for applications;
o prepare communication material and ensure widespread dissemination of the call;
o answer queries by potential applicants.
• Provide administrative support to the Coimbra Group Office staff in the preparation of documents and in the organisation of events, meetings and other activities as necessary;
• Attend and report on online meetings related to higher education & research cooperation and policies.