European Commission .Traineeships Office Home page
The aims of the official in-service training with the Commission of the European Union are to provide young university graduates with a unique, first-hand experience of the workings of the European Commission in particular, and of the EU institutions in general, calendar .The training also aims to provide an understanding of the objectives and goals of the EU integration processes and policies;
- to give trainees an opportunity to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of the Commission Departments and Services. They will have an opportunity to work in a multicultural, multilingual and multiethnic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust and tolerance. European integration will be promoted within the spirit of new governance and through active participation – creating an awareness of true European citizenship;
- to give young university graduates the opportunity to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, particularly in their specific areas of competence. To introduce these graduates to the professional world and its constraints, duties and opportunities.
The European Commission, through its official traineeships scheme:
- benefits from the input of young enthusiastic graduates, who can give a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge, enriching the everyday work of the European Commission;
- creates a pool of young people with first-hand experience of and trained in European Commission procedures, who will be better prepared to collaborate and co-operate with the European Commission in the future;
- creates long-term «goodwill ambassadors» for European ideas and values, both within the European Union and outside.
Traineeships Office Home page http://ec.europa.eu/stages/index_en.htm Traineeships Office Home page
|October 2013 traineeship|
About the Traineeship http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/traineeship_en.htm#Infotab1