- Bachelor’s degree in technical translation or writing preferred or other relevant study (e.g. Business Administration).
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal (the company language is British English);
- Elementary knowledge of standard industry documentation tools (e.g. Doc2Help, RoboHTML or MadCap Flare).
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience with professional writing in English, ideally as a technical writer for software or technology products;
- Experience working as part of a team creating software or web user interfaces preferred;
- An understanding of software development and programming principles, or experience with APIs preferred;
- Experience with financial management systems is considered preferred;
- Elementary knowledge of standard industry documentation tools (e.g. Doc2Help, RoboHTML, MadCap Flare).
- As a Technical Writer you are responsible for producing technical documentation that supports our customers in better understanding our products.
- Assist the development teams in improving the user experience by providing input to terminology and use of Embedded user assistance;
- Identify and prioritise areas where users need information to support their use of the product;
- Create product support documentation that provides users and implementers with the range of information they need – including concepts, task guidelines and relevant examples;
- Use style guides and other documentation standards to ensure consistency and quality across product areas
- Review materials created by other Technical Writers;
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of style guides and other documentation resources and processes;
- Continually improve documentation by making use of available feedback and data, and in line with changes to Unit 4’s documentation strategy;
- Participate in professional networks like TCPIP, SOAP!, ISTC, TEKOM or STC.
Plazo de entrega CV