What are we looking for?
For this internship, we are looking for final year students or graduates who must meet the following
• Passionate about travel, particularly in India
• Interest in the tourism or business sector
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Confident working with people from diverse backgrounds
• Enthusiasm, energy and passion for learning
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team in activities outside of your job description
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Additionally, the following is desirable though not essential:
• Previous experience in business management.
• Previous experience of travelling and/or working/volunteering in India
Mumbai is a thriving Indian metropolis, and one of the largest cities in the world. You’ll find people
from across India and the world living traditionally Indian lifestyles and incredibly western ones too!
Mumbai is a mix of old and new and shows a beautiful glimpse into life in India.
Full time – 4 to 6 months.
About the host organization
Reality Tours and Travel is a socially responsible travel & tourism company whose mission is to provide
authentic and thought-provoking local experiences through city and multi-day tours while using the
profits to create change in the communities with which they work. The company operates a worldfamous
slum tour– which 15,000 people participated in last year– which aims to raise awareness and
dispel negative attitudes about underprivileged communities. Importantly, 80% of all the post-tax
profits are used to fund their sister organization Reality Gives. The company was the overall winner at
the 2012 Virgin Responsible Tourism Awards and also was awarded “Best in Poverty Reduction”. The
company has between 40-50 employees. It is based in Mumbai and Delhi. The company is a grassroots
organization with an open, relaxed culture full of employees who love exploring India and sharing it
About the internship
The key duties of the intern will be:
• Researching and creating data base of responsible travel companies around the world who
could promote our products.
• Developing strategy and taking up projects to help the organization reach new markets
• Content writing.
What will you gain?
During your internship here, you will get a great insight into many facets of working in a socially
responsible tour operator. In addition to being positively challenged in an eastern work culture
environment, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience and have the opportunity to better
understand if this is a career you wish to pursue in your future. You will work with and learn from
experienced, passionate, inspirational people from a diverse set of backgrounds that will help develop
your social media and marketing skills. Above all you will be a part of an experienced, motivated team
who are more than happy to support you in all aspects of your time living and interning in Mumbai.
What is included?
The internship program maximizes your capacity to develop professional skills in your sector through
your assigned work. From immersing yourself with a practical experience and taking on
responsibilities, you will gain a sense of profound satisfaction knowing that you are adding real value
to your organization. Having the experience of working internationally in varied professional
environments allows you to set yourself apart from your peers when entering the job market. An
internship with RTT is a comprehensive package taking away further costs and hassle.
RTT does not have accommodation to offer the student. However, we will provide assistance in finding
a clean, comfortable and modern serviced apartments or hostels with another RTT interns whenever