Education & qualifications
– Must be a current student enrolled on a Bachelor or Masters level degree in the fields of Languages, International Relations, European Studies or similar;
– Must have good knowledge of the Portuguese Language (spoken and written) i.e. language level B1 or higher.
Specialist knowledge & skills
– Good knowledge of the English Language (spoken and written) i.e. language level B1 or higher;
– Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, e.g.: Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word and Power Point;
– A working knowledge of EU-funded mobility programs is a plus.
Interpersonal & communication skills
– Must be diplomatic in problematic situations;
– Must show intercultural awareness;
– Must be able to deal with people at all levels;
– Ability to research information and produce concise reports on findings.
– Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy, and follow set procedures;
– Ability to organize and deliver multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
– Ability to work successfully in a small team;
– Willingness to be adaptable to changing demands and deadlines.
3 to 12 months
Preferably during the following periods:
August – January
February – July
To be determined
6 hours per day, 5 days a week
Short description of the Faculty
The School of Arts and Humanities of the Universidade de Lisboa, founded in 1911, is located in Lisbon, Portugal. It currently has about 3.854 undergraduate and graduate students, and 237 teachers. Every year it receives about 700 foreign students under mobility programs and sends about 120 students to study/do a traineeship to one of its Partner Universities/Companies in Europe, America and Asia.
For further information, please visit: http://www.letras.ulisboa.pt/pt/
Short description of the
International Cooperation Subunit
One of the International Cooperation Subunit’s purpose is to maintain and enhance a high-quality central support service for the faculty’s international students during their time at the University.
Main responsibilities and tasks
The team is responsible for: managing student and staff mobilities, both incoming and outgoing; providing orientation events for new international students; ensuring compliance with Portuguese immigration legislation and helping students with visa and immigration advice.