We are looking for an IT Engineer for the Galileo Ground Segment for one of our customers: a leading company who provides reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. They operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission.
For their office located in Weissling, Germany, we are seeking an: IT Engineer for the Galileo Ground Segment
We are looking for an IT engineer or IT specialist motivated to learn continuously, flexible and excited to work in a hands-on environment, who enjoys taking on new projects and solve problems.
A successful candidate for this role will have strong organizational skills complementing the technical skills.
– University¿s degree in space or IT related engineering, such as aerospace, informatics, telecommunications, business informatics or comparable education, e.g., apprenticeship as IT specialist for system integration or as IT system electronics technician
– 3 years of experience in ground systems maintenance
– Experience in IT systems and networking engineering
– Confidence with Unix system, Windows and/or data networks infrastructure (IPv4 and IPv6 Subnetting, Switching Layer 2/3, routing & firewalls)
– Knowledge of Galileo or other navigation ground segment is an advantage
– Knowledge of ITIL processes and project management is an advantage
– Availability to support on-call service and occasional travel to other Galileo sites
– English (Fluent written and spoken is mandatory)
– German or Italian knowledge is an advantage
Your mission: For the Galileo Ground Segment maintenance engineering we need you to support the Level 1 IT team, which plays a core role on the performance of the Galileo mission.
You will be responsible for troubleshooting Galileo’s IT platform to guarantee the reliability and availability of the complex satellite ground control system at hardware and software levels (i.e. customized server/switch/firewall architecture solutions).
– Maintenance of Galileo IT systems (Unix, Windows, network) in GCC (preventive / corrective/ perfective/adaptative maintenance level L1)
– Development of procedures Development and validation of scripts and small software programs to facilitate daily workflows ¿ Implementation of database modifications and software configuration changes
– Validation and updating of procedures – Administration of the Galileo IT systems in GCC – Performing regular backups of the operational systems – Performing log analyses – Troubleshooting of the Galileo IT systems and corresponding troubleshooting or creation of workarounds – Support of Galileo processes such as Anomaly Review Board.
Ticketing, Configuration Control Board and Planning – Creation of project documentation in English – Creation of training documents – Close cooperation with other teams such as L2/L3 and Operations – Periodic participation in the 24/7 on call maintenance service (week basis)
– Presenting and representing the work as part of a multinational team
What we offer:
– Work-Life-Balance, e.g., through flexible working time models and mobile office options
– 30 days annual leave and additional days off on 24.12., 31.12. and Shrove Tuesday ¿ Trusting and appreciative cooperation as well as international Team spirit
– Varied personnel development program and individual career options
-Employer-financed retirement plan
– Membership with EGYM Well pass (corporate fitness)
If you are interested, please send your updated resume in English to: email@example.com
Plazo de entrega CV
Until may 15